Sunday, January 19, 2020

Letters to my younger brother 1.0 (2009)

Hey dude!

I know it's not an age where we communicate through personal letters. Phone and chat have left no place for them. But I've grown up writing letters and I know how beautiful it is to write and receive a letter. If you rememeber mom still preserves some letters that papa had written when he toured Russia. I have read them, and they are wonderful. I thought it would be better to write one, instead of just cribbing about missing letters culture. I am not sure when you will read them and how you will perceive them, but I'd still do it, as a part of my duty as your bro. So here it is for you my dear, the lessons from life that I learnt the hard way.

One of them is of course writing letters. As you start a new life with your first job, there would be plenty of things that you leave behind. You will realise them sooner or later. The overcaring mom, the familiarity of city you have grown up in, supportive friend circle among the long list of things that will bring you nostalgia for years. As you go past all these and create your new world always remember to keep in touch with them. A tree cannot live long if it roots are cut. These are your roots. These have nourished you over the years to make up what you are today. Make sure you dont cut them off. Make sure you grow them deeper and stronger. For the highest of trees have deepest of roots, that's only logical (and natural of course). Make sure you write letters. Perhaps not with pen and paper but with your cellphone. Give them a buzz, keep them a part of your little achievements and successes. You will be amazed at the extrordinary support that you'd have thoughout your life. I know it's not as natural for you to communicate with all the relatives. But changing circumstances give you a great chance to change yourself. Leverage that.

I still remember when papa left you at the school on your first day. You were crying, and I was worried, how will you do it. Today again, when you are on the verge of leaving the house, I feel the same. But I am proud that you have come this far and I am sure you will fare well.

Always remember that Mom and I love you and we are always there for you, no matter what. If you ever feel you'r falling, let go. You'll safely land in our hands. And we'd catch you like Jonty Rhodes. And don't be afraid when you go out there. The world is waiting to embrace you with its arms open. So just be sincere, and have fun. That's it fo now, I'd keep writing!

God bless!
Your Dada

No comments:

Badala nahi hoon main

मैं, वो मैं, ना रहा, ना सही, पर बदला नहीं हूं मैं  जानेमन तू मेरा न सही  पर तुमसा नहीं हूं मैं  तेरी बात मेरी याद हो गई  पर गुजरा नहीं हूं म...

Other Popular Posts