Sunday, January 19, 2020

Last Day Email (2008)

It’s not. Not yet at least. I am not committing suicide, and in fact, hoping to live cross fifty. This is a last day mail that I wrote while leaving my first day to join another one. Here it goes…


Dear Pals,

Last day mails are typical and boring, and this is one is not gonna be an exception. After having spent about ten percent (Don’t exert yourself, i have done my calculations) of my life in office already, now its time to cut the umbilical chord. I had a similar feeling when i left home three years back, something inside is ready to fly off, while something else is sinking deep within. And it irritates me when the expanse of expression cannot stand the intensity of feelings. So be it!

Let me, at least, do some fundamental things on this occasion. First, please accept my heartfelt gratitude, for helping me develop and spread my wings. Secondly, my best wishes and prayers, may God help you with everything good. Thirdly, an earnest request to remember me when I call you some day, and if possible keep in regular touch. Fourth, apologies for all the trouble (includes this mail), silliness, lack of understanding and for inadvertently behaving averse to your expectations.

I have had fun each day and every moment. I’d be glad to continue maintaining this relationship ‘offline’. And I’d be more than happy if I could be of any help to you anytime. Adios!

Warm Regards,
Ujjwal Trivedi


There were over a hundred warm replies from well-wishers. I miss having lost connection with some of them. It was a wonderful past. And the present as it goes will hopefully become an even more wonderful past.

No comments:

Badala nahi hoon main

मैं, वो मैं, ना रहा, ना सही, पर बदला नहीं हूं मैं  जानेमन तू मेरा न सही  पर तुमसा नहीं हूं मैं  तेरी बात मेरी याद हो गई  पर गुजरा नहीं हूं म...

Other Popular Posts